Result of the winning entry in the invited International Design Competition.
The competitors included: Cannon Architects (USA), BRT Architekten (Germany) and Dante O. Benini Architects (Italy).
Site geometry and the significant level difference between its eastern and western edge generated the concept for the development. Inspired by the mountain river cascading between two hills it creates an active valley in the city landscape.
Two public plazas have been designed at the opposite ends of the site and major programmatic elements have been located next to them.
38 floor high hotel has been placed next to the eastern main pedestrian plaza and 37 floor high residential condominium tower has been placed next to the western entry plaza. The main pedestrian circulation - recalling abstracted river - runs between two public plazas and cascades down to the shopping mall negotiating 18m level difference between main entry plaza on the East and secondary entry plaza to the West.
Residential tower addresses the surrounding low-rise residential area without creating negative sunshade. Most of the residential units feature private, double height walkout sky-gardens providing view of Bosphorus Strait.
- design Voytek Gorczynski Architect
- team Alkim Sonmenzocak, Elmutaz Elrabaa, Dan Levin, Shaowei Cheng, Henry Ma, Jason Crigger, Charles Lee, B+H Architects
- client Ozdilek Shopping Centers, Mr. Huseyin Ozdilek
- Local Architect Piramit Architects, Turgut Toydemir, Mehmet Toydemir
- Structural Balkar Engineering Ltd. Co. Irfan Balioglu
- Mech.& Electr. MMM
- gross fl. area 250,000 m2
- Completion 2014