Development of the winning entry in the national design competition.
After design development, the project was cancelled in 2015 by the incoming new government due to controversial project location in the Judicial District. Subsequent competition was held on the new site located further west of the original site in the Garden of the Provinces and Territories.
- team Voytek Gorczynski architect, Toronto • Janusz Kapusta artist, New York • Andrzej Pawlik architect, Warsaw
- client Heritage Canada & Tribute to Liberty
- landscape Quinn Design Associates Inc. & Voytek Gorczynski
- structural Blackwell
- elec.& lighting Smith+Andersen
- civil eng. REMISZ Consulting Engineers
- cost Marshall and Murray Inc.
- proj.area 1836 m2