Result of the winning entry in a closed design competition.
The building is located in downtown Toronto at the intersection of King Str. West and University Avenue, at the junction of Financial and Theatre District.
Design of the building is informed by this borderline location and the notion of exposing the renovation process rather than concealing it.
The exterior and entrance lobby interior are underscoring the layering of the renovation process.
Aluminum "stitches" are holding together different exterior layers of granite while the cold cathode lighting expresses layered and applied character of interior finishes.
- design Voytek Gorczynski Architect
- team Rollick Sweetman, Yas Abe, Arnold Zaragoza, Robert Sula, Robin Ng, Suzan Veigh, Ken Price, Todd Thompson, Hugh Reid
- arch. of record The Webb Zerafa Menkes Housden Architects
- parter in charge Boris Zerafa
- client Knauf Ontario Limited
- Structural Carruthers & Wallace Limited
- mechanical The Mitchell Partnership
- electrical Mulvey & Banani International
- gross fl. area 25.500 m2